Monday, October 17, 2011

Cruise recap: Day 5

Day 5: Miami

One last sunrise (still no sleeping in for me!) and vacation's over. Time to head home.

The trip home was uneventful. Caught the transfer bus from the port to the airport, dropped my bag (and paid another $25!) and wandered until it was time to board the plane. Arrived in Montreal on time and then, to my surprise was met with the biggest crowd ever in the customs area. So big that airport staff were holding passengers back at the top of the escalators/stairs so that the crowd could move a bit, before allowing us down. It was long. The plane landed at 4:15pm and I walked in my front door at 6:45pm. It was faster to take a bus, metro and bus home than it was to move through that queue. Crazy!

That's it. All caught up. I've been home for over 2 weeks now and with the way things are picking up at work, I hardly feel like I had a vacation. But I still have about 8 or 9 days left to take and will probably take a few days off towards the end of November. There's a little plan in the works for that, so stay tuned!

No comments: