Friday, June 12, 2009

#60

#60 on my 100 Things to do before I go list, in case you've forgotten, was "Cater a party". It only took me a week to realize that I can now cross this off my list.

Last Saturday my dragon boat team hosted an intro to dragon boating day (ok, not a party, per se, but feeding 200 people is a big job so I will say it's pretty much the same thing). And hello, I was the caterer. I decided the menus, I made the grocery lists, I delegated tasks, I made sure it all came together, I worked from 6:30am to 6:30pm to see that about 200 people got their lunch and/or buffet dinner. True I did not actually have to cook any food myself, but that's just because of the type of food we were having. I cut my share of bagels, showed my team mates exactly how to make a wrap, washed and cut endless fruit, packed over 100 lunch bags, prepared nearly 20 platters of food and scurried back and forth from our makeshift kitchen to the tables endless times.

Consider it done.

No comments: