Monday, March 09, 2009

Sold!

At last - I have sold my condo!

Nearly a year to make it happen, but finally it has happened.

Since putting it back on the market in February there has been a steady stream of visitors which in itself gave me hope that a buyer would turn up soon. However, I wasn't expecting somebody to see it once and then present an offer 6 hours later. That is what happened though.

After hearing the offer, going through it all with the agent and then (not) sleeping on it, I decided to accept. The offer is very nearly 95% of my asking price. Naturally, I would've liked even more but after a year, the current market conditions, I think it would be too risky for me to ask for more just for the sake of another two or three thousand dollars. I would much rather accept, sign and move on!

I'm thrilled, excited and scared. Now I have to find a new place to live!

3 comments:

hot mittens said...

Congratulations - what a load off your mind! :)

raluca said...

congratulations Stef, it must feel really good to finally move on. i wish you good luck finding a new spot!

Sue Matthews said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see where you decide to go next.