Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here We Go Again

At the risk of sounding like an 80s hairband, here I go again.

My contract with the real estate agent ran out at midnight Sunday. Today my listing was off mls and I was able to pick up my house keys from the agent. At the same time that all this was happening, my parents estate agent (who sold their condo twice, in a month, in a dead market), sent my Dad an email, who forwarded it to me, giving the agent's coordinates. Tonight I left him a voicemail and less than 20 minutes later he called me back (no "I never got your message" crap). Going to meet this agent in a few days and we'll get cracking on getting my condo sold once and for all.

Strangely enough, on Saturday both my agent and her assistant left me messages. The assistant wanted to set up an appointment for Sunday. The agent wanted to renew her contract with me! Then I read the paper and noticed that she'd placed an ad in the paper for my place - ONE DAY before the contract ran out! Gosh, that made me laugh. Also that she was SURPRISED I didn't want to renew my contract with her!

Anyway - contract with agent #1 is done, contract with agent #2 will hopefully be on the table by the end of the week.

Updates to follow.

No comments: