Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fitness Test - 2

Last January I participated in my first ever fitness test. Last night I got to see how far I've come in the last few months. Some of the results were better because I am stronger - no doubt about it. Some were the same because I am a lazy ass and don't always do everything in my own workouts. And some were worse because, as you know, I am a lazy ass and don't always do everything in my own workouts. I also think that the time of day played a factor. When we did the test in January it was on a Saturday morning. I'd had a good night's sleep, was refreshed and full of energy. Last night was mid-week, at the end of the day, and also took place after an hour of paddling. (But those are probably more like excuses, the real reason is just that I'm a lazy ass.)

Here's how I did:

The maximum weight I can bench press is 85lbs. (15lbs. more!)
The maximum reps I can bench press in 90 seconds (using 45lbs) is 60 (possibly double what I did in January!)
The maximum reps I can bench row in 90 seconds (using 45lbs) is 77 (12 more!)
I can do a back extension for 4 minutes, 8 seconds (35 seconds less than in January)
I can do 40 sit ups in 90 seconds (exactly the same)
I can do 1 push-up in 90 seconds (I think I must've miscounted by 4 in January)
I can do zero chin-ups in 90 seconds (the same - but just so you know, a couple of the guys could only do 2 or 3, so that makes me feel a lot better)

4 comments:

Blogger_Naut said...

But I love your fab little lazy ass...
Even so, I am tres impressed!!

Yvette said...

Some of the results have me giggling out loud...

Unknown said...

This should make you giggle even more - the difference between 60 and 77 is 17, not 12 ... (see Bench Row stats)

Yvette said...

Math geniuses like me don't notice silly little things like that...