Thursday, April 12, 2007

The 4 Rs of Recycling

When people usually talk about recycling these days, they talk about the 3 Rs of recycling; Reduce, Reuse and Recylce.

Yesterday was recycling day in my neighbourhood so I naturally left my green box on the curb as I left for work. When I came home last night I was a little surprised to find everybody else's green box in our foyer except my own. First thought ran something along the lines of "oh great, they can't just steal my paper, now they have to steal my recycling box too?!?!". I realised shortly after though, that someone probably took my box to their unit and suddenly found themselves with two green boxes. I figured by this morning my own would be back in the foyer, looking lonely and waiting for me. I am very pleased to report that I was right! Phew!

It's been kinda tough since getting back from vacation, what with the ceiling, the cold, the never ending snow (and more is expected today!) and it was starting to feel like the straw that broke the camel's back. Thankfully not and I have discovered the 4th R of recycling:

Return to owner!

No comments: