Friday, January 05, 2007

Better than I thought, I guess

Have been making this cookie for about 5 years or so and while I think it’s an OK cookie, I always get lots of compliments on it, which is probably why I keep making it. Anyway, thanks to Martha for this.

Cranberry Noëls

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
2 ½ cup flour, sifted
¾ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
½ cup pecans, toasted
1 ½ cup coconut, finely chopped (Note from Stef – I omit this because it doesn’t friggin’ stick!)

Directions:
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk, vanilla and mix until combined. In separate bowl, mix salt and flour together. Gradually add flour and salt mixture to butter mixture. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Divide dough into two balls. Form each ball into a log. Roll logs in coconut. Roll logs in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Chill several hours. Slice and bake in pre-heated 375ºF oven for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will not spread or turn brown.

Off for an afternoon of Spa Therapy at Spa Diva. Will let you know how the facial and chocolate body wrap (!) feel next week.

No comments: