Thursday, December 14, 2006

Nightmare

It had been a while since my last nightmare. But thanks to last night's new episode of CSI: NY, I am back to square one.

Watched the show from 10-11pm, went to bed, fell asleep within about 30 mins. and then woke up at 12:30am in a start from the terrifying dream I had, sweating like a pig, heart racing.

The opening sequence of the show showed a deaf mother getting up to go check on her baby in the middle of the night, going back to bed and then feeling some vibrations on the floor. As she was walking down the hall to get back to the bedroom, all you see is a brief glimpse of a dark shadowy figure crossing the hall behind her (hello nightmare). Well, of course, by the time the mother comes back out to investigate the vibration she felt, her eldest daughter is dead on the floor. The show ended with a happy ending - they found the killer.

That wasn't good enough for me. I had to go and dream about that opening sequence. I had my own version though. I'm at home, it's the middle of the night, I get up to go to the bathroom, as I'm reaching for the bathroom light, I notice there is the shadow of someone standing in the hallway of my building, in front of my front door. As I switch on the bathroom light suddenly some guy with blond curly hair up in a pony tail on the top of his head, charges into my apartment. I'm too scared to scream and wake up as he swings to hit me. It took a while before I was able to fall back to sleep. Go figure.

Think I will have to start taping these shows and watch them on Sunday afternoon or something.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Oh man, I wouldn't have slept again. As you know, I can't watch CSI on the nights Andy is on night shift. I know why!