Monday, November 20, 2006

More crap from my kitchen

Ugh. What is the matter with me? Or what is the matter with the recipes I'm choosing recently? After last week's disaster I thought I'd try this before feeding it to a big group. It's OK. It's not fabulous. It doesn't make 28 shrimp cakes (using their suggested size). To tell the truth - the best thing about this recipe was the pineapple relish. It's sweet, fresh and delicious.

So I'm back to square one. And at this point I think I'll make my favourite mushroom burgers (recipe to come soon). I can make a whole pile of little mini burgers. They also taste great cold.

Decided.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Hmm. Were the shrimp cakes missing that certain "je ne said quoi"? Was that lack of binding ingredient a problem afterall? I'm gonna check out my recipes and see if I can suggest something easy AND good...

Unknown said...

They were indeed missing that certain "je ne sais quoi". The lack of binding ingredient wasn't a problem, believe it or not, as I had to chill them for a while and I think that helped. But you couldn't press on them while cooking them or they'd fall apart. I guess my rough chop wasn't as good as pulsing with a food processor a couple of times. Oh well.