Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Donations for Panama Project

Many of you will already have received this letter by email (my apologies if I forgot you).

Dear Friends:

In February 2007, I will once again be volunteering my time in Panama. This humanitarian mission trip will be used to replace a church roof in the town of ParaƬso, paint the pastor’s house and do some minor repairs such as replacing curtains and installing new ceiling tiles. We also hope to conduct a children’s program (sports, arts & crafts, singing and an introduction to using computers) for approximately 30 children who attend the day care facilities during their summer holidays.

Although we will only be there for a short period of time, I know from my past experience, the people seem to appreciate, more than anything, our time and effort and are glad to have us help in any way we can. Our encouragement helps them through some difficult situations.

My hope is that you will seriously consider supporting me by making a donation to this worthwhile cause. All monies raised by me go directly to the Salvation Army for this project. Please forward your cheque to me, which can be made payable to The Salvation Army. A tax-deductible receipt will be issued for your donation (over $10).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

No comments: