Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Latest Cooking Exploits

More apologies ... last week was a little hectic for me so I didn't have a chance to let you know what I had cooked. Call this 2 posts in 1.

This weekend was a long weekend for us, so I finally found an extra hour and made some chocolate chip cookies. Most of which I've been able to parcel off to various friends and family (and my ass thanks you!).

I also managed to make a great vegetable pot pie, with a sweet potato crust. I made one big dish for this week, and even a little one serving dish for my dinner on Sunday night. It was perfect. With all the horrible rain we've had it was the best meal! What else? Oh yeah, I marinated some portabello mushrooms and grilled them then topped them off with some feta cheese. Pretty yummy, and great in a toasted sandwich the next day.

Then last weekend I tried out another couple of recipes from the Eat, Shrink & Be Merry cookbook. I made some tortilla wraps that were OK. They tasted somewhere between Mexican and Thai food. I love both, but not necessarily mixed together, you know what I mean? I also roasted some vegetables with homemade bread crumbs and a little parmesan. Red pepper, mushrooms, red onion, tomatoes, zucchini. That was fab! And it made enough for me to have 3 meals out of it.

On the Sunday (for Mother's Day) I made a delicious chocolate cake, called La Vida Mocha. This was awesome. Served it for dessert at my parents house to celebrate Mother's Day. It was a big hit.

That's it for now. I'll have a look through the cookbooks this week and see what I can find to tempt me for next weekend.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

I think I need that Eat, Shrink and Be Merry cookbook! I haven't done a whole lot of experimenting lately, just because I haven't been in the mood. I did make some oatmeal raisin cookies and some carrot bran muffins. I think, however, it's time to try out some new recipes!

Unknown said...

Have made note to self.