Monday, March 06, 2006

Sleep Update

Since getting my oral appliance back nearly three weeks ago, I've had some difficulty sleeping a full night with it. I've been doing what I can, but quite often found myself at 4 or 5 in the morning, just taking it out. Last week was a full two weeks since I got it back so I decided to try my second night in a row, even though I hadn't slept a full night with it on Tuesday.

Maybe I was really tired, I don't know, but I slept straight through the night. Seven good hours. What a difference. That was Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. I took Thursday off, then slept with it in on Friday and Saturday. Another two full nights of good sleep. Last night I had off and this morning I had a terrible time getting out of bed! It was a bad night. I'm looking forward to the next two nights of good sleep. And I think by Friday I will try to move it up to 3 nights in a row.

3 comments:

Angry Gnome said...

What is this thing supposed to do anyway?

Yvette said...

Sounds like this thing is just what you needed. I'm glad you can finally get some sleep. Has your stupid annoying neighbour woken you up again since you bashed on his wall?

Unknown said...

AG - it's supposed to keep my airway open while I sleep so that I don't keep having these mini-awakenings that prevent me from having restorative (deep) sleep.