Sunday, January 22, 2006

I did it!

Incredibly, after 6 weeks of sleep therapy (last fall) and about a month of attempting to sleep with my oral appliance (since Dec. 23), last night I actually slept for 8 1/2 hours. Was only awake for a quick bathroom run around 4am and then straight back to sleep.

And it gets better - I felt good when I woke up this morning. I felt awake. I didn't feel like I needed another hour or two in bed.

I've been meaning to take pictures of this oral appliance in my mouth, just to give you an idea of what my Christmas present to me looks like. Obviously I haven't yet; never seem to think about it at the right time. I will write myself a post-it note and maybe get that done next weekend.

The point of all this is - I can actually sleep a whole night with this oral appliance in my mouth! Congratulations to me!!!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

WAY TO GO! I've been meaning to ask how that was going. I guess you've mastered it. Hopefully you can get the 8 1/2 hours on a regular basis! Oh yeah, I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Sue Matthews said...

Excellent! That is good news indeed. I hope this becomes a regular occurrence.

I can't wait to see the picture either.

Angry Gnome said...

Congrats. Stay cool man, stay cool.