Sunday, October 09, 2005

Clothes to Donation Drop Box

Several weeks ago I finally got fed up with the bags of old clothes in my closet waiting to be given away. Brought them all out, added a few more things and decided that would be the day to get rid of them. Picked up the two heaviest bags, because I like to get the worst part of a task over with first (and yes, I also eat that way) and made my way to my local grocery store where they have a drop box. Well, they used to have a drop box.

Got to the store and stood in front of the bare ground where the box used to be. Where was the box? Had they moved it inside? Around the corner? Nowhere apparently. It was just gone. So I picked up my two heaviest bags (argh!!!) and made the trip home. It’s not that bad – it’s about a 6 minute walk. But those bags were heavy and they were cutting my hands. It hurt. Since then the 4 bags have been sitting in my hallway waiting for me to take them up to a different grocery store, a little further away – about an 8 minute walk away. It must be 4 weeks that they sit there – looking at me, taunting me, laughing at me. I can’t stand it anymore! This weekend they will go. Once and for all.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Update: October 11. Hmph. Those stupid bags won. They’re still here.

4 comments:

nickt said...

Does Canadian Diabetes do pick-ups in your area? That who we use. Every few months they'll call to say they'll be in the area and to leave bags by the front door on such a date. No carrying heavy bags.

Unknown said...

Good idea - I'll check

Angry Gnome said...

Did you check?

By the way, can you give me the number if they do pick up stuff because I have a whole lot o'stuff. There's the Salvation Army thing you told me about but it's quite a few long blocks away and the bags are heavy.

Unknown said...

I checked and they don't do that in Quebec. Go figure ...